Thursday 28 February 2013

Week 2 Day 1

So, I made the mac and cheese on Tuesday.. John thought it was delicious but all I could taste was mustard (which I really, really don't like, ack!). Needless to say he finished mine off for me. Guess it's my fault for not omitting the mustard powder, but it didn't smell of anything and I didn't think I'd be able to taste it! That being said, I'll definitely be making it again, just with a lot less mustard powder..


The texture and cheesiness of it was really nice and it was really easy to make. I might try the cheese sauce with cauliflower in the future, that would probably be really tasty! We had the chilli again last night, still as amazing as it was the first time. Yummm.

I also weighed myself yesterday and I've lost a pound. I know it's not a great amount but it's a step in the right direction. I've also lost an inch from my waist and half an inch from my under bust and hips which I wasn't expecting! So I'm really pleased with that. Wahoo!


Moving on! A little over a month ago I got a new position in my workplace. My job now consists of putting sweets and treats (and cosmetics) out across all the floors in my store. It's a very busy retail store and sweets are rather heavy when you're lugging around an entire cage full of them so I'm hoping it's burning a fair few cals.. I thought seeing all these sweets every day would make me want to stuff my face with them but surprisingly, it hasn't. That being said, I don't very often have cravings for sweets. My weakness, you see, is chocolate. So you can imagine my horror when this morning I was faced with 720 bags of my very favouritest chocolate.

MaltEaster Bunnies, you delicious little devils. I reminded myself I'd given up chocolate for lent so I couldn't have any anyway.. then I told myself 'as soon as lent's over though, you can have one!'. But then I knew once I had one, I'd want another. And another. And some other chocolate. And before I'd even know it, I'd have eaten all of my Easter eggs, John's Easter eggs and I'd be on the way to the shop for some more bloody bunnies. In that horrifying vision I realised something I wasn't even taking notice of; I actually didn't want any bunnies at all. I think that maybe because I haven't eaten chocolate for a few weeks that I'm just not craving it. I know they're delicious and scrummy and mouth wateringly tasty, but as long as I don't think about how delicious or how scrummy or just how god damn mouth watering they are, I don't think I'll want any. I hope that's the case anyway..

Lunch today was a lazy one! Weight Watchers steam in the microwave chicken chop suey. I'm so glad I have these for when I come home from work and I'm just feeling too tired to cook.


Speaking of tired.. I am very and should probably head to bed. Two more sleeps 'til blueberry pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment